Pages

My occasional thoughts about the damn addictive contest, which usually come around the sacred month of May.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Eurovision dream corner

A Eurovision fan is not a true fan if he never dreamed at night about Eurovision at least once in his life. Last night I happened to have one of those Eurovision-related dreams. And since it happened to be an extremely enjoyable dream, I just felt I had to share it here with you.

I dreamed that I submitted a song to Melodifestivalen. Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of song it was, or whether it was good or bad (hopefully it was a great catchy hit with lyrics in Swedish). All I know is that as the dream took place, I was standing in the Green Room speaking to no other than Thomas G:son! We spoke in Swedish. Miraculously, my dream-Swedish was very fluent. It felt so easy to speak and I didn't need at all to think in advance about what I wanted to formulate. I remember one sentence I said to G:son, which went like this:

"Förut hade jag stora förväntningar men nu bryr jag mig inte så mycket om min låt går vidare. Jag känner mig lugn. Avspänd alltså" ("Before I had a lot of expectations, but now I don't care so much if my song qualify. I feel calmed down").

And then the dream changed into a different scene, as dreams often do. In this scene someone tells me I have a package waiting from Mr. G:son. I started to run in order to make it in time and take it. With me there was another woman who's running and wanted to take it too. I showed her to the opposite direction and than managed to be the one who gets a hold on the package . When I opened it I found inside some marvelous treasures: G:son's own bussiness card, a personal accreditation card for Eurovision 2013 with my name and picture on it (already attached to the lace with the ESC 2013 logo and everything)  and a big bunch of Swedish money in bills. There was also a note saying he's gonna be my sponsor through the upcoming half year. I was so damn happy! (hehe, who wouldn't be?) Then my friend Raphael came running towards me and I waved from afar the Swedish Crowns for him to see. I remember saying to him "this is the happiest day of my life".

Oh, what a stupid and sweet dream! Every time when it came to my mind today, it filled me with a pleasant feeling and made me smile. Naturally, I tried to think if there's some meaning to this dream and then came to a conclusion: This dream must mean that Eurovision 2013 is going to be such a great adventure! I really can't wait for this year to pass. I also think I'm gonna go to Sweden for a little visit this summer too. Start bathing in the first sun rays of Eurovision ambience :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment