Pages

My occasional thoughts about the damn addictive contest, which usually come around the sacred month of May.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No dream impossible

Life can really be an amazing thing. You have your friends, you spend time with them as a child, and you talk with them about their hopes and dreams. Then you grow up, and they grow up too. If you're still keeping touch with these friends, you get to be a witness to the most marvelous thing in the world: You get to see your adult friends making their childhood dreams come true.

I decided to write about this because I've just got a phone call from one of my best friends. She's a Eurofan, too - a very dedicated one. She's been traveling to Eurovision every year since it was held in Serbia, and just like many other fans, she's always been feeling herself better abroad than in her own country. Moving abroad, or more accurately - moving to her favored country Greece, has always been her biggest dream. And now, on this phonecall, she told me that she found a job in Greece and she's moving there already on Sunday! Isn't that amazing?! I know I should be a bit sad because it means I'm probably never gonna see her again, but I feel so happy for her because I'm imagining myself in the same situation (moving abroad is my dream as well) and it makes me shiver with excitment!!!

Making huge dreams come true is not such a rare thing as I might have assumed. Another friend of mine, a Eurofan as well (or Ex-Eurofan), has always liked Scandinavian music and has been dreaming his whole life about moving to Sweden. Then he signed up to study East Asian studies at the university and totally fell in love with the Chinese culture and language. Since then he's been dreaming about moving to China, and guess what? He won a very exclusive scholarship to study abroad and he's now studying in China and having the time of his life, with no intentions of coming back.

Another Eurofriend of mine has always dreamt about taking part at Eurovision. He's been trying all sorts of things like sending songs to our national preselection, or getting in contact with famouse artists, untill he understood that he needed to find a job which would express his unique talents. He got an invitation to work as an assistant for someone in the showbizz industry - a job that was less paid than his current job back then, but he still accepted the offer. Since he was really good with people and with orginizing things, he gradually moved up in the ladder untill on 2010 he finally became a member of the Israeli delegation to Eurovision. Now he's flying to ESC every year as a delegation member and he's also orginizing the Israeli party there. I think that's one of the most impressive ESC dreams to ever come true!

I have many other friends I could tell about, some already made a big dream come true, and some are showing good signs of being in the proccess of...almost getting there. One thing is sure - watching people do what they've always dreamt of is just amazing. It gives you new hopes and energies because it shows you that the world IS a fair place after all, and that everything that should happen - eventually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment